Logitech Trackman - middle button/wheel

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jul 13 07:12:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Dmitriy Startsev wrote:

> Hello, Andrew!
> You wrote to "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> on Tue, 13 Jul 2004
> 05:00:31 +1000:
>
> AM> +-------[ Marc G. Fournier ]----------------------
> ??|>
> ??|> Is there any way of getting X/KDE configured to make use of that as a
> ??|> scroll wheel?  I know under Windows, if I'm focus'd on Mozilla, for
> ??|> instance, I can use it to scroll up/down the page ... any way of doing
> ??|> this under Unix too?
>
> AM> Section "InputDevice"
> AM>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
> AM>         Driver      "mouse"
> AM>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
> AM>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> AM>         Option "Buttons" "5"
> AM>         Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> AM> EndSection
>
> AM> The Buttons, and the ZAxisMapping part is the important part for scroll
> AM> wheels.
>
> From my own experience, KDE has problems with sysmouse. At least for me the
> only way to enable mouse wheel was to completely disable moused.

Is there something in KDE that I have to do to enable this as well?  I've
just restarted my X/KDE with:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
         Option      "Buttons" "5"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

And it didn't make a difference ... I can use it as a third button, but
with my focus on something like Mozilla, it doesn't scroll the page
up/down ...

Thanks ...

----