freevo port

Stacy Millions stacy at Millions.Ca
Fri Jan 30 21:21:55 PST 2004

I took a shot at the freevo port to see if I could get it to work
my pvr350. This is on STABLE. I had two issues building the port:

1) I had to install xmltv by hand, x11-toolkits/p5-Tk-TableMatrix
doesn't build any more. It is optional for xmltv, but a dependancy
for the port version.

2) sysutils/stat should be a dependancy, freevo won't run without it.

The TV/VCR features don't work with new PVR[23]50 driver. The problem is
some unsupported ioctl's that mplayer/mencoder -tv use. I'm not sure
that you would want to use mencoder any way since the pvr[23]50 gives
you an mpeg2 stream native...

the web interface does not work either. This is an abridged version
of what I get on the browser:
web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'statvfs'

I don't know how many of freevo's features are actually supposed
to work, the web interface is documented (in the config file) as
being experimental.

So far, freevo will play existing media files and play from
the dvd-rom. I can browse the TV listings and schedule recordings
and I hope with a bit of creative hacking to actually get it
to record from my pvr350.

-stacy