S/PDIF support

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Mon Feb 23 23:42:40 PST 2004

> is S/PDIF I/O supported under FreeBSD (-current)?
It is supported only for 2-channel PCM data, as I know. Non-PCM (like AC3) I/O may not work.
> If yes, which cards (esp. S/PDIF input)?
emu10k1 driver in -CURRENT can be modified to allow recording from S/PDIF inputs on Audigy cards (just 2-3 lines in DSP sound routing code).
You can also try my emu10kx driver that can be set to record up to 44Khz 16bit stereo from any stereo input (including S/PDIF inputs) on Audigy (including coaxial and optical inputs / outputs on LiveDrive). I don't have equipment to test it, but I think that it can work.

Yuriy Tsibizov,
http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/