Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 for FreeBSD 5.2

Christoph Schnauß christoph.schnauss at berlin.de
Sun Feb 15 13:13:06 PST 2004

hi,

just I found http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200401311901.i0VJ15028053
with the great work from John. But I have a little trouble with this work.

First: my computer is running a FreeBSD 5.2 and I have a WinTV PVR 250
(Rev.2) Card.

Let me tell you, what was wrong.

John worte:
  1) Use patch to apply Patch.iicbb

It was working by me, but I found by patching:
Hunk #4 failed at 361

Ignoring this, and taking it from hand (writing the Line
"DRIVER_MODULE(iicbb, cxm_iic, iicbb_driver, iicbb_devclass, 0, 0);" by hand
into the file /sys/dev/iicbus/iicbb.c) all this stuff worked  -  only Johns
meaning for
# cp cxm/cxm.ko cxm_iic/cxm_iic.ko /modules
is'nt running. On FreeBSD 5.2 it must be
# cp cxm/cxm.ko cxm_iic/cxm_iic.ko /boot/modules.

Next, John wrote:
your console should say something like:
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC15 MPEG Coder> mem 0xd8000000-0xdbffffff irq 12 at
device 10 .0 on pci0
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
cxm0: Philips FI1236 MK2 tuner

And I found:
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC16 MPEG Coder> mem 0xe8000000-0xebffffff irq 5 at device
10.0 on pci2
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
cxm_iic0: could not attach iicbb

uaaaah :-(

As I said "kldload cxm.ko" in a terminal on KDE, my computer crashed
completely. As next I started without the X-Server, and typing at new
"kldload cxm.ko" from the console. Ok, he did anything, giving the
information:
iicbus0: <Philips I2Cbus> on iicbb0 master-only
cxm0: unknown tuner-code 0x30
cxm0: could not initialize tuner
smb1: detached

and, unfortunately, he falls out to the "db>"-prompt.

So, my question is: what the hell is the stuff with "tuner-code 0x30"? Where
have I to write the right ones in Johns big and nice shar-archive? What must
I do, to become informations about that foolish "0x30" and how to repair it
in the Code?

Or, maybe, anyone has another idea, to become my PVR 250 working at FreeBSD
5.2 ...

Christoph S.