Pinnacle WinTV card - warning about unknown vendor and model?

Brian Skrab brian at quynh-and-brian.org
Wed Feb 4 15:05:39 PST 2004

Hello,

I have a similar card (Pinnacle PCTV), which required a few overrides in the
kernel for the bktr driver, in order to get rid of a similar dmesg warning.
I've included the relevant section below:

device         bktr
options        BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC
options        OVERRIDE_CARD=1
options        OVERRIDE_TUNER=4
# options       OVERRIDE_MSP=1
# options       OVERRIDE_DBX=1
# These options can be used to override the auto detection
# The current values for xxx are found in src/sys/dev/bktr/bktr_card.h
# Using sysctl(8) run-time overrides on a per-card basis can be made
# options       BKTR_USE_PLL
# PAL or SECAM users who have a 28Mhz crystal (and no 35Mhz crystal)
# must enable PLL mode with this option. eg some new Bt878 cards.
#
options         BKTR_GPIO_ACCESS
# This enable IOCTLs which give user level access to the GPIO port.

After installing the new kernel, fxtv, mplayer, nuppelvideo, and ffmpeg were
all able to grab video from the card (and audio from /dev/dsp).  Note that
all of this was done on a 4.9-STABLE system.

Hope this helps.

~brian