Hauppauge WinTV support in bktr

Steve Sizemore steve at ls.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 30 18:19:43 PST 2004

I just purchased and installed a new Hauppauge WinTV PCI card
in my Dell desktop, running FreeBSD 5.3.

After manually loading bktr_mem and bktr kernel modules, I was able to
build and run fxtv from the port. However, I don't get any picture.
I think this is because the tuner on the card is not recognized.

From dmesg:

    bktr_mem: memory holder loaded
    bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xfc001000-0xfc001fff irq 11 at device 7.0 on pci2
    bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
    bktr0: Hauppauge Model 29440  @ %
    bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x9d
    bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.
    bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x9d

Is there hope that this card might be supported?

Anything I can do to help the process?

Thanks.
Steve
--
Steve Sizemore <steve (at) ls.berkeley.edu>, (510) 642-8570
Unix System Manager