Music on Hold via FreeBSD Server

WMC wc_fbsd at xxiii.com
Thu Dec 30 13:15:50 PST 2004

At 03:51 PM 12/30/2004, Martes Wigglesworth wrote:
>Have you considered Asterisk as the PBX backend?  What are you
>using?  Sorry for the questions, however, I am just curious, how you have
>applied FreeBSD to a production telephony solution.

We're just a little five person shop with a Panasonic KXTD-816
mini-pbx  (with more & better features than big Rolm, Lucent, Mitel, etc
systems, but that's for another list...)  The MOH is just  analog mono
cabled from the sound card to the Panasonic.  FreeBSD is only acting as a
not-so-portable IPod in this case.

I've looked at the Asterisk web site, but haven't used the software at
all.  VOIP looks like the only way to go for new installations, and being
able to do it open-source is very attractive too.  Might put one in the
home someday.

    -Wayne