mplayer/mencoder with bktr(4) device

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Aug 28 13:25:14 PDT 2004

On Saturday 28 August 2004 22:00, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Thus spake Michael Nottebrock (michaelnottebrock at gmx.net) [28/08/04 15:37]:

> : I myself use -vf lavcdeint,denoise3d=12:9:18 for watching TV and I'm
> : quite happy with it.
>
> I just tried denoise3d and hqdn3d (why denoise3d over hqdn3d?), and both
> are still providing less-than-optimal resolution.

What do you mean by resolution (denoise3d is faster)? FWIW, denoise3d doesn't
deinterlace, it denoises (i.e., it supposed to lose image details - if you
want a maximally sharp image, don't use it).

> : On my oldish Pinnacle PCTV, I need to connect the external lineout to a
> : line-in on my soundcard to get audio. Recording that audio with mencoder
> : is just a matter of setting the recording source to the line-in and
> : turning up the rec mixer ...
>
> That's what I figured, I'm just completely clueless about recording from a
> different audio source.  (Yes, yes, man mencoder...)

I don't think you _need_ any clue - what device is being recorded from is
determined by the mixer setting (which you can set with the mixer command).
There is one parameter for bsdbt848 related to audio source which is audioid.
I need to set audioid to 1 myself to get stereo sound (example of a
commandline I use for grabbing live TV: mencoder -tv
driver=bsdbt848:audioid=1:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-west:input=1:width=384:height=288:channels=SE15-PRO7:channel=1:fps=25
-o tv1.avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800:vhq
-lameopts cbr:br=128 tv://)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org