KMID and sequencer errors

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Thu Aug 12 05:51:18 PDT 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:40, snoozydude at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to run Kmid on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE and KDE 3.1.4
>
> I get the following errors when running trying to run kmid.
>
> Couldn't open /dev/sequencer
> Probably there is another program using it.

cd /dev && MAKEDEV snd0 should create the device node, however, there is
virtually no support for MIDI in FreeBSD at the moment, so getting KMid to
actually play anything is still rather difficult if not plain impossible. You
can play *.mid files with the audio/timidity port, which is a (commandline)
GM compatible software synth.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org