Programmer's reference guide for the SB-LIVE?

Dmitriy Startsev metal_man at mail.ru
Tue Aug 3 19:00:46 PDT 2004

Hello, Kevin!
You wrote to <freebsd-multimedia at freebsd.org> on Tue, 03 Aug 2004
19:48:58 -0500:

 KK> Anyone have any documentation the soundblaster-live soundcards(the
 KK> hardware side/chipset, developingg software for it, etc)
 KK> It would probably make our tasks easier in the bsd world I think.  And
 KK> maybe porting linux audio software to FreeBSD alot easier too.
 KK> And at a faster rate.
 KK> Maybe even some of us coming up with better/more origional software
 KK> than the linux world :)

You don't need to know anything about programming a particular hardware to
port/create audio applications (unless you're going to develop a driver).
What you do need to know is some audio driver API. For FreeBSD, there are
Open Sound System drivers available for several audio cards including SB
Live.

With best regards, Dmitriy Startsev.