ffmpeg and sound from bktr

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Apr 1 13:07:40 PST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:03:23 -0600
pete <pmckenna at csom.umn.edu> wrote:

P> Steve
P>
P> Thanks
P> tuner0 was rw but setting it to 744 doesn't change things.

	Ah well it's something else then.

P> dev looks like this now.
P>
P> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         6 Jan 14 15:15 tuner -> tuner0
P> crwxr--r--  1 root  wheel   92,  16 Jun  4  2002 tuner0
P>
P> Can more debuging be turned on for ffmpeg ?

	Not easily.

P> I'm not sure how to get -debug to print specific info as it
P> says in the man page.

	You add -debug and you get whatever is there - not a lot.

	At this point I think the first thing  to establish is that your
sound system can record at all, try any other recording application (rawrec
or wmrecord perhaps).

P> All I see at present is:
P>
P> Input #1, audio_device, from '':
P>    Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
P>    Stream #1.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, mono, 705 kb/s

	That looks reasonable - once it works again you might want to add
a '-ac 2' to the ffmpeg command line to get stereo.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun