UT2004 sound problem

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 1 07:03:27 PST 2004

On Apr 01, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:

> > > Thanks for the quick reply!
> > >
> > > My sound devices:
> > >
> > > pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> at io 0xa400 irq 10 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)
> > > pcm1: <Avance Logic ALS4000> at io 0xa000 irq 9 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)
> > >
> > > Both sound cards have the same problem.

> > > I tried
> > >
> > > sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
> > > sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4
> > >
> > > but it doesn't help. I'm getting a bunch of extra
> >
> > 	And setting them to 0?
>
> Isn't that the default value? Anyway, I tried it and the sound is still
> not good. (Only one 'native_blitbuffer: select error occured')

	It's a little weird.  The default is

	Sound card with one output channel -> maxautovchans=1
	Sound card with multiple output channels -> maxautovchans=0

	Can you also experiment with soft mixing, (I'm forgotting what
we actually call it), y'know auto-rate/format conversion.

	--Mat

--
	(on the United States) Living next to you is in some ways
	like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and