FW: still image capture from video stream

stan stanb at panix.com
Tue Oct 21 12:35:54 PDT 2003

I've got a need to capture iamges at a rate of about 1 per second from four
locations, Two of thes locations will be new, so Ill use web cameras there.
Two however are existing and have industrial grade CCTV cameras, These
locations are also in a fairly hostile environment, so I want to re-use
these.

I'm thinking I can do this with a video capture borad, right? Which ones
are well supported under FreeBSD? I don't need ultra high resolutin, as a
matter of fact, gien the number of images that I'll be accumulating (4/per
second * 60 seconds * 60 minutes * 24 hours * number of days I need to
keep) small image size is very important.

So, how about some pointers to docs on this? And some advice on hardware
would be welcome also.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin