ADI AD1985 (ASUS P4P800) and no sound

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Fri Oct 17 06:00:48 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 08:24:38AM -0400, Robert Froese wrote:
> On Friday 17 October 2003 08:09 am, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> > I have an ASUS P4P800 mainbord with ADI AD1985 AC97 codec
> > on-board, box good work with 5.1-RELEASE, but
> > I haven't sound support.
> >
> > $ pciconf -l -v
> > none1 at pci0:31:5:        class=0x040100 card=0x80f31043 chip=0x24d58086
> > rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
> >     vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
> >     class    = multimedia
> >     subclass = audio
> >
> > Also I tried to build src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97.[h|c] from
> > -CURRENT but its don't help me.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> I have the same mobo and the same problem.  Last month, I worked for quite a
> while to resolve this.  There are some patches in progress but after some
> back-and-forth with Orion Hodson (smart FreeBSD guy) we weren't able to solve
> the problem.  It looks like unless you're a programmer we're going to have to
> wait for someone who is a programmer to solve it for us.  In the meantime I
> just bought an old Ensoniq on eBay for $10 and disabled the onboard audio.

I found some articles in our freebsd-hackers maillist:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=269187+0+archive/2003/freebsd-hackers/20030629.freebsd-hackers
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=279648+0+archive/2003/freebsd-hackers/20030817.freebsd-hackers
and
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=28431+0+archive/2003/freebsd-hackers/20030824.freebsd-hackers

Peoples talked about some patches, any chance to get it for test?
Also ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.cz/pub/FreeBSD-local/ich in not avaliable
at this time :-(

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL