missing /dev/midi with CMI8738

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Mon Oct 13 15:47:15 PDT 2003

T.M. Sommers wrote this message on Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:13 -0400:
> -> cat /boot/loader.conf
> snd_pcm_load="YES"              # Digital sound subsystem
> snd_cmi_load="YES"              # cmi

This is for digital sound only, not for midi.

> Another device is using irq 9, but that shouldn't be a problem, should it?
>
> ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem
> 0xeb800000-0xeb800fff irq 9 at device 2.0 on pci0
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about how to get midi working?  Thanks.

It looks like midi isn't a loadable module, but you can try to recomile
your kernel with:
device	seq
device	midi

and that should give you the necessary devices to do midi.  I haven't
used this, so I'm not sure it'll work, but give it a try.  Hope it helps
you!

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579