nuppelvideo "nuvrec", mplayer: no audio on 5.1-CURRENT?

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Mon Oct 6 11:20:50 PDT 2003

Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> writes:

> On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:14:27 -0400
> 	You don't need to do that - you can just set the BKTR_FREQUENCY
> environment variable and nuvrec will tune to that frequency (this
> works for ffmpeg too BTW) - you can also set BKTR_DEV to select the
> input channel.

Huh, I don't recall seeing this in the docs and READMEs. I'll RTFM again
but do you specify the "frequency" or the channel number?  The latter
is easy, for the former I'd probably want a dumb program to map my
channels into ntsc broadcast frequencies.

> 	I've gone back to ffmpeg - because mencoder has a habit of
> crasjing when used in a nuvrec pipeline. I've got ffmpeg 0.4.8 making
> DVD format recordings straight of the air now (with a little help
> from mpeg2desc, mplex and dvdauthor).

Thanks for the pointers.

> CS> Again, I'm mostly looking for a command-line thing I can invoke from
> CS> cron to record a couple shows.
>
> 	Yesterday I typed this:
>
> at 0010
> vcrdvd bbc1 105 Air_America
>
> 	This morning my /data/video partitition contained a directory
> called Air_America with a DVD format video in it :)
>
> 	Was that the kind of thing you were aiming for ?

Yes, exactly. Can you show me your "vcrdvd" script, or whatnot?

Thanks.