vcdimager and "bad packet"

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 22:29:23 PST 2003

I've been transcoding some avi files to mpeg2 format to make SVCDs so
that I can watch them on the tv.

I've not had any problems with the transcoding, but when i use
vcdimager to create the bin/cue files I'll get a warning like:

  ++ WARN: bad packet at packet #314266 (stream byte offset
  730354184) -- remaining 796144300 bytes of stream will be ignored

I did not create the original avi file but I'm guessing that this
problem was created when two avi files were joined together to make
one file.

I'd appreciate any pointers on how to repair the breakage or any
method that could be used as a work-around.  I've looked thru
man transcode and tons of google but so far found nothing to
address this.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Randy