ZR36067 driver for FreeBSD 5.0-Release

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Fri May 9 01:44:23 PDT 2003

I would like to announce an inital driver for Zoran ZR36067 based cards
for FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE.  The driver currently only support video overlay
and masking.  It does not support MJPEG capture, raw capture, or video
output.  Currently the only card that is supported is the Pinnacle
Systems' DC10+.  Supporting other cards should be simple.

I have also included an application, ctv, for video display to the
monitor.  Ctv uses svgalib to directly access the video card so you don't
have to run X to use your card.  Currently only tested with an S3 based
video card.

This driver is an ongoing work.  I am right now changing the interal
interface to be a more generic video bus framework to make writing other
drivers more simple and letting people not have to rewrite drivers for the
same chips (such as the decoder/encoder chips).  If you are interested in
working on this driver, please drop me an email.

The driver is located at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~jmg/zoran-0.5.tar.gz

I would like to thank Danny Braniss and Antoine Jacoutot for various help
and support they have provided over the past month.

John-Mark Gurney