Extracting from a .bin file

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 13:36:26 PDT 2003

Oliver Fromme <olli at secnetix.de> wrote:
 > Aren't 80min CD-Rs pretty much standard nowadays?
 > I haven't bought a 74min CD-R for years.

Perhaps I should have said 90Min (800M).  None of my local sources
carry those so I will probably order a spindle of them.

I was also able to get the XCD .bin file to play as suggested using
mplayer with the -cuefile <cuefile> and -vcd <track>.  I could have
sworn I tried that but perhaps I was leaving off the <track> number.

In any event, with the suggestions from here, I also managed to
use mencoder to copy/convert the file to other formats.  Most kewl.

Thanks to all!!

Randy