Extracting from a .bin file

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 18:30:07 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003 19:16:56 -0400
Mathew Kanner <mat at cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> On May 02, Randy Pratt wrote:
> > I've been successful in playing .bin files that do not contain vorbis audio
> > but this one will not play with mplayer.
>
> 	If mplayer only dies on the decoding, you could copy out the
> data with "mencoder -oac copy" and see if you can manipulate it with
> generic vorbis tools.

I only get this using the "copy":

success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x321FC780
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
Cannot open demuxer.
Exiting...

Its too bad this is such a big file (800M) or I could make it available.

I'm beginning to wonder if its some strange format but I have seen it on
several of the multimedia newsgroups (scifi).

Randy