[request] noteedit, fluidsynt

Jason Andresen jandrese at mitre.org
Fri May 2 07:19:32 PDT 2003

mauro wrote:
> I'm new to freeBSD and I am enthusiast of it expecially of yhe ports system,
> easy and powerfull.
> but I miss some application I used daily on linux
>
> Is this the right place for requests?
>
> I tried to compile fluidsynth [http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fluid/] but
> I failed, it has been ported to win and macOS so I thought it were simple...

Looks like a getopt problem.  You have to add a -I/usr/local/include in
the CFLAGS in the Makefile and a -L/usr/local/lib -lgnugetopt to the
link stage.

You also need to stick a -pthread on the compile.

I don't know if it will actually work at this point, I'm not local to my
machine.  It does run however.

You will need to install gnugetopt from the ports.

> the same for noteedit
> [http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html]

Noteedit requires KDE, which I don't have installed.  It uses configure,
which is a good sign.

   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese at mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer
_|  _|___|  _| _|_\___| Office: 703-883-7755