STB PCI TV current w/bktr.patch

Paul Boehmer paul at pboehmer.com
Thu Jun 26 09:43:16 PDT 2003

(Please see bktr 878 no audio post for additional background info)

Still no luck with -STABLE, so I loaded another box up with 5.1 and
CVSUP'd to current.  I then applied Alex's bktr.patch and did a full
buildworld, and rebooted.

Here is the bktr output from a verbose boot:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xec100000-0xec100fff irq 5 at device 10.0 on
pci0
brooktree0: PCI bus latency is 32.
bktr0: buffer size 3555328, addr 0x5000000
bktr0: GPIO is 0x00ffffff
bktr0: Detected a MSP34255?-?31 at 0x80
bktr0: STB TV/PCI, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner, dbx stereo, msp3400c
stereo.
bktr0: msp34xx: init: chip=MSP34255?-?31, has NICAM support
pci0: <multimedia> at device 10.1 (no driver attached)

hmm, so close so far...  At least current detects some kind of multimedia
device this time, now how to get the msp driver to bind to the device?  On
a side note, I noticed the lack of iic/smb devices in dmesg, although they
are defined in the kernel config.  Am I missing something there?

Here is the bktr section of my Kernel Config:

# Video Capture
device          bktr
device          iicbb
device          iicbus
device          smbus
options         BKTR_OVERRIDE_MSP
options         BKTR_OVERRIDE_DBX
options         BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD=3
options         BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER=9
options         BKTR_NEW_MSP34XX_DRIVER

If anyone has an idea on how to get the audio to work, please let me know.

--
Paul Boehmer
paul at pboehmer.com