ffmpeg-0.4.8_1 and bktr capture (FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p11)

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Tue Dec 9 13:36:51 PST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:12:50 -0500 (EST)
Fernando Durango <ml-freebsd-multimedia at secret.org> wrote:

FD> Now, when I capture using a script based on Steve O'Hara-Smith vcr,
FD> ffmpeg dumps core when it finishes:
FD> frame=  375 q=14.0 size=    9446kB time=15.0 bitrate=5158.8kbits/s
FD> ffmpeg in free(): error: page is already free

	I've seen this message before (every time I run ffmpeg) ...

FD> Abort trap (core dumped)

	... but no core dump - but then I haven't built the latest port.

	Does it make a good recording ?

FD> Lastly, I threw together some C code to set the tuner channel before
FD> firing off ffmpeg, but it seems that ffmpeg resets the channel, even
FD> tho I have not specified BKTR_FREQUENCY. Should this be the case?

	Most certainly it should not. I've just confirmed that the 0.48 port
does not reset the channel in this case.

FD> Is there any good example code for channel setting, besides digging
FD> thru fxtv source?

	There is much less cluttered source in bktrjpeg.c and in simple_grab.c,
I've deleted my copies but they were easy enough to find in the first place.
There is also bsdbktr_tvtune.c on ftp.sohara.org, which is probably very
similar to your C code and which I have just used to confirm retention of
tuning.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun