does FreeBSD 3.5.1 support soundcards?

Karl Papadantonakis kp at caltech.edu
Sun Dec 7 19:01:05 PST 2003

I've seen rudimentary 8-bit sound on a 3.X machine (not the one I'm using
now, but an old one with ISA slots), but not 16-bit sound. Apparently it
was emulating SBPro, which meant 8-bit only.

It looks like I need an es1371 card...
I just won one on ebay. I'll give that a try when it arrives.
I guess I'll return all these other (useless) cards then
(unless you think there's a chance any of them might work)...

Karl Papadantonakis
email:  kp at caltech.edu
web:    http://www.async.caltech.edu/~kp/
phone:  (626) 395-4222