Sound recording on FreeBSD 5.1

Orion Hodson orion at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 27 09:56:59 PDT 2003

/-- Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
| My current system is FreeBSD Release 5.1 with sound hardware RealTek
| 650LC AC97 on the motherboard. I can play sound fine, but I can't
| record anything (and am quite sure that I have set up everything
| correctly regarding the cabling and the mixer(8) settings). Is this
| known behaviour or is there even a patch? I tried recording with
| audio/gramofile from the ports collection.

Can you also post the output of 'cat /dev/sndstat'?  The AC97 codec is just
one component in your sound system and probably not related to the recording
problem.

Can you provide some additional info about the recording problem? e.g. you've
checked the mixer rec input, mixer gain, but is any data is produced?  If so,
does it sound garbled, inaudible, etc...

Thanks
- Orion