bktr on 5.1, Pinnacle PCTV Pro (PAL)

Phil Pennock pdp+freebsd at nl.demon.net
Tue Aug 5 10:53:28 PDT 2003

On 2003-08-05 at 19:34 +0200, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:59:11 +0200
> Phil Pennock <pdp+freebsd at nl.demon.net> wrote:
>
> PP>  bktr0: Detected a MSP3410G-B11 at 0x80
>
> 	It might be worthwhile looking at kern/46872 in the bug report
> database, there's a patch in it for some MSP34xx problems. Alternatively
> there was a more sophisticated patch (port of MSP3400 driver from Linux)
> announced in -multimedia at http://people.freebsd.org/~alex/bktr.patch
> which adds a new kernel option "BKTR_NEW_MSP34XX_DRIVER".

Both very interesting reads -- cool to see what's happening in other
areas of the chip (the MSP patch almost makes kernel programming look
easy ... ;^) )

But for now, I'll settle for even being able to tune in the TV signal
part; being able to use "internal audio" will be enough to get things
going; I'll be happy to play around with a new MSP sound-chip driver
once the basics are working.

Unable to tune in a TV signal ...
--
Phil Pennock,  Senior Systems Administrator,  Demon Internet Netherlands
NL Sales: +31 20 422 20 00      Thus Plc      NL Support: 0800 33 6666 8