Audio sampling from bt848-based cards

David G. Andersen dga at lcs.mit.edu
Wed Apr 30 07:04:39 PDT 2003

Is there support somewhere for getting audio from bt848-based
cards with an msp34xx audio processor chip?  (The chip on my
hauppauge TV card).  From the looks of it, the bktr driver
initializes the chip to the point where it can set the input
source, but it doesn't seem to provide facilities for reading
from the DSP / attaching the DSP to a device.

The functionality seems to exist in the linux 'btaudio' driver,
which is separate from their bktr equivalent.  Anyone familiar
with this beast want to hand me a clue?

Thanks,

  -Dave

work: dga at lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga at pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/
      I do not accept unsolicited commercial email.  Do not spam me.