Abysmal frame rate during disk IO

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Fri Apr 25 06:28:22 PDT 2003

hello, world\n

I wonder if there is anything I can tune to get a decent frame rate from
my tv card identifying as
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xc2000000-0xc2000fff irq 5 at device 10.0 on pci1
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 38104 B208
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL I tuner.

The frame rate is okay if the system is idle (ASUS A7N8X, AMD Athlon
2500+, FSB 333, 1GB RAM, 4-STABLE) but as soon as there is a lot of disk
IO, say find / or cvsup, the picture often halts for fractions of a
second. Audio continues without interruption.

Is there anything in the BIOS, X11 config or kernel I can tune to make the
frames display smoothly even when disk IO is significant?

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/