Problems with dri/drm using Radeon 7000 VE in -stable

Derek Young DerekYoung at easy.com
Wed Apr 23 12:13:56 PDT 2003

According to http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/faq.html

Q: With my ATI card and DRI enabled, I often get these
errors in my system log: "error: [drm:radeon_cp_indirect]
*ERROR* process 97092 using buffer owned by 0"
 A: This is a bug in the DRI where the X Server is using
buffers the kernel thinks is unused. Luckily it doesn't
cause any problems besides some log messages, and a
little graphical mess for some people. Fixed in DRI CVS.

So apparently that isn't your issue. I am using the ATI
radeon mobility 7500 on STABLE and XF4.3  with the linux
compat and I am having no issues.

I am assuming you looked at
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/troubleshooting.html I
had to follow that document to the letter to get my dri to
work.

All I wanted was my open gl screen savers to work, i don't
even play games, rofl. Good luck.

Derek

easy.com
This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only.  Not all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.