creative extigy

Derek Young DerekYoung at easy.com
Wed Apr 23 11:19:40 PDT 2003

|There is nobody on the sound
|team supporting USB audio AFAIK.  I may buy some h/w
|shortly and look to
|change this.

You can if you want, however I have been using bsd since
96 or so and have been wanting to contribute to it before.
Now that I am not married I have lots of free time/money
now. :)

|Will you please provide details about the ich3 problem you
|mentioned in your
|previous email?

Well, umm... I feel stupid. It was the problem people were
reporting that they had ACPI BIOS and with the ICH they
would get choppy sound. And tons of error messages on
dmesg when they tried to play sound. I have a sony vaio
grx690. 17" screen, so I have no need for a normal
computer anymore....

I never reported it myself because I did lots of searches on
the mailing list and found complaints already. Same
card/same laptop even.

Apparently it has been fixed recently (like the last 1 or 2
months). Cause sound playback worked fine!

There is one error message on loading the module that
was not there before.. I will show it to you.

pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3)> port
0x18c0-0x18ff,0x1c00-0x1cff irq 9 at device 31.5 on pci0

pcm0: <unknown ac97 codec> (id=0x594d4803)

The unknown codec message is new. It never showed
before. Is this a bad thing?

Derek

easy.com
This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only.  Not all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.