creative extigy

Orion Hodson orion at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 23 10:50:50 PDT 2003

/-- "Derek Young" wrote:
| Good news and bad news. The extigy does to some extint
| follow the USB Audio protocol.
|
| Bad news: when I got the existing uaudio module to
| recognize the extigy (only had to modify one line) it
| caused a kernel crash when I tried to play any music.
|
| I have another uaudio device called a eDio AS-100 that
| uaudio recognizes without modification that also causes
| the same crash.. supervisor read, page not present, blah
| blah blah.

Okay, I'd suggest taking this up with Nick Sayer <nsayer at quack.kfu.com> who is
 responsible for this code being in the tree.  There is nobody on the sound
team supporting USB audio AFAIK.  I may buy some h/w shortly and look to
change this.

| I am running STABLE, not CURRENT.. does anyone
| running STABLE have any usb audio devices working?
|
| Is something just straight up wrong with it? I just
| downloaded all the USB audio specs, and I will spend a lot
| of time on this.. grr, i NEED (not want) audio working on
| my laptop, grin.

Will you please provide details about the ich3 problem you mentioned in your
previous email?

- Orion