looking for developer for Terratec EWS88MT multitrack card and ALSA q:

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 20 14:56:08 PDT 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:21:42PM -0800, Orion Hodson wrote:
> The project has had two drivers submitted for Audigy support in the
> past couple of weeks.  I've been holding off looking at them as cg's
> really the man for the job.  However, as I've found out today cg's
> been ill of late and has plenty of things going on externally at
> present.

So how do we move forward?

> Submission #1:
> 	http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy

I've tested this one, as at first I thought it was the more complete and
commit ready.  I can play mp3's thru my Audigy[1] with this one.  I've
done a lot of work to turn it into a committable patch.  It does more to
head in the [right?] direction of separating PCM and MIDI.

> Submission #2:
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=664373+686499+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-hackers/20030216.freebsd-hackers+raw

Upon a second look, this patch is much smaller and appears that it might
even offer support that #1 doesn't have above, but does not change the
driver's architecture.  I am willing to remove the gratuitous changes in
this patch and test it.

There is a 3rd patch at
http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/audigy_pack.tgz.  However this person
took it upon himself to totally reformat our emu10k1.c file in addition
to embellishing it.  It will take a lot of grunt work to figure out what
the actual changes are.  I quick look at it seems it might be between
between #1 and #2 above (though closer to #2).

I am very much not a sound guy, I just happen to be a committer with an
Audigy he'd like to be useful.  I'd really like some consensus on how to
move forward with this.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)