Create Extigy

David Paigen paigen at heathen.com
Sat Apr 19 07:54:42 PDT 2003

Derek,

I have been drooling over the Extigy since I first saw
it on a shelf.  I have had a sound card hooked up to my
stereo for several years now and the audio quality leaves
something to be desired.  Not to mention the wire interference
between the computer and the stereo.

What, precisely, is your legal question?  Are you concerned
that you might be breaking the law by reverse engineering
the usb protocol and then providing an open source driver
for that protocol?

Or are you asking about the license under which you should
release your code?

Do you need any help with the code?  How long do you think
it will take you?

-David Paigen