writing DVD+R

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Fri Apr 11 00:10:38 PDT 2003

On 4/10/2003 11:54 PM, Soeren Schmidt wrote:

>>I'm trying to write a DVD+R on -current using burncd with this device:
>>acd0: CD-RW <PHILIPS DVD+RW-D28> at ata1-master UDMA33
>
> Urhm, burning DVD[+-]R is not supported yet, it might work but the
> totally insane pricetags on those medieas here has so far prevented
> me doing any experimenting...

Oh. I had (foolishly) assumed that DVD+RW was the rewritable version of
a DVD+R, similiar to naming for CDs. I gather that is not the case? (The
media says DVD+R, but it has the RW logo on it, too.)

The funny thing it that I eventually could mount it, after burning and
mounting an identical CD+RW. Maybe writing/mounting the CD+RW put or
left the device in a state in which it would recognize the CD+R? Strange.

Let me know if you'd like me to test some things. I'd be happy to
produce a few coasters to help the project out.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute