Virtual sound card through the PC speaker

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Apr 7 21:28:58 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:28:34 +0200 (MEST)
Magnus Carlebjörk <md95-mca at nada.kth.se> wrote:

MC> Ah, ok, I already got the kernel to find the pca device, but what I
MC> wanted to do was to run mplayer with the perverse outputs 'AAlib' and
MC> sound from the PC speaker. Can I do that directly with the pca
MC> device?

	mplayer -ao oss:/dev/pcaudio -vo aa ... might do the trick.

	You will need to fiddle with -af options. If that doesn't work
then try using -ao pcm -aofile /dev/pcaudio.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun