Firefox won't start

pjd peter_dunning at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Feb 20 16:38:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have FreeBSD 6.3 and have installed the latest version of Firefox from
ports(firefox-2.0.0.12,1 the native version), but it won't run.
I recompiled with DEBUG and LOGGING to see what the error message was.

This is what is proguced when I run firefox from the console:

WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsXREDirProvider.cpp,
line 947
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsToolkitProfileService.cpp, line 383
###!!! ASSERTION: nsToolkitProfileService::Init failed!: 'Error', file
nsToolkitProfileService.cpp, line 852
Break: at file nsToolkitProfileService.cpp, line 852
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file nsAppRunner.cpp, line
1830
nsStringStats
 => mAllocCount:              5
 => mReallocCount:            2