[kde-freebsd] Re: HEADS UP: pelase test/etc/libmap.conffeature on 4-stable

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Oct 11 00:20:44 PDT 2003

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 02:33, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>>Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
>>

>>>	1. (kde side) Anyone, would you please make a patch for
>>>	   nspluginscane to look /usr/X11R6/lib/browsers_plugins?
>>>		or
>>>	2. (pluginwrapper side) If 1 is no, I'll install Flash6
>>>	   plugin to /usr/local/netscape/plugins.
>>
>>Personally I'd like (2) better, /usr/X11/lib/browser_plugins isn't really in
>>the spirit of hier(7). Great to hear about this flashplugin-via-libmap
>>project, can you provide some details? We'd like to put a HOWTO on
>>kde-freebsd's homepage, etc.
>

> However, browser_plugins is what is being used for other plug-ins (e.g.
> mplayerplug-in), and this was decided on some time ago.

It's never too late to correct unfortunate decisions. :-)

Anyway, the paths for konqueror's plugin-scanner are user-configurable through
konqueror's settings dialog. We certainly can make a local patch to the
defaults as well, and we can even try to get that patch merged upstream into
KDE's sources. So, just go ahead with whatever path you feel comfortable with,
we'll cope.

    ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org