HEADS UP: pelase test /etc/libmap.conf feature on 4-stable

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 10 19:48:06 PDT 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:32:35 +0900
I wrote:
> 	Now status...
> 		mozilla mozilla-firebird galeon epiphany konqueror opera
> 5-current	OK      OK               OK     OK       UNKOWN    NG
> 4-stable	OK      maybe            maybe  maybe    UNKOWN    OK

	Konqueror on 5-current (maybe 4-stable) is OK.  For konqueror.
	we will need to setup a new plugin directory which was decided
	by nspluginscan.  nspluginscan contains following directories
	(according to strings /usr/local/bin/nspluginscan).

$HOME/.netscape/plugins
/usr/local/netscape/plugins
/opt/mozilla/plugins
/opt/netscape/plugins
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
$MOZILLA_HOME/plugins

	1. (kde side) Anyone, would you please make a patch for
	   nspluginscane to look /usr/X11R6/lib/browsers_plugins?
		or
	2. (pluginwrapper side) If 1 is no, I'll install Flash6
	   plugin to /usr/local/netscape/plugins.

> 	TODO about only this port:
> 	1. Check 'Is libmap.conf feature available?' on install.
> 	2. Warning if ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libflashplayer.so.1 is available.
> 	3. More adaptive for 4-stable. (update /etc/libmap.conf)
> 	4. Add more working list.
> 	By the way, do anyone ask to opera's maker about operamotifwrapper
> 	like 'Where is libXm.so.1?'.  I hope to link libXm.a:-).

	And, do you know freebsd-kde mailling list?  I know kde@ is,
	but I don't know public mailling list like freebsd-gnome at .
	(and, as possible as, freebsd-opera, too)