HEADS UP: please test Flash Plugin Wrapper for Flash6

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 6 05:34:27 PDT 2003

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:12:09 +0200
Franz Klammer <klammer at webonaut.com> wrote:
> the new flashplugin works more or less (more than less :-)
> fine for me:
> mozilla-gtk2, galeon2, mozilla-firebird are ok.

	Thanks for your report!

> epiphany dies with a segfault (backtrace attached)

	I tested it.  Do you have /usr/local/lib/libflashplayer.so.1?
	If you have it, please remove(pkg_delete?) it.  If epiphany
	found it, it will set LD_PRELOAD in ${PREFIX}/bin/epiphany.

> konqueror don't find the plugin and i don't know how to activate it.

	I heard where are konqueror and opera's plugins.  Therefore
	TODO: I'll make install for konqueror/opara's plugins directory.

> if i try the acrobat reader-wrapper all tested browsers are
> hanging while loading the pdf-file.
> (tested: galeon, epiphany, mozilla-gtk2)
> to be able to "use" the acrobat reader plugin i had to
> symlink  /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so into
> /urs/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/

	Humm.. I know this behavior causes remaining LD_PRELOAD.
	Is there LD_PRELOAD=pluginwrapper.so or libflashplayer.so.1,
	anywhere?