Thread Crash

Stefan Bühlmann stefan.buehlmann at gmx.net
Thu Aug 14 16:48:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

we use a large batch processing application written in C# on FreeBSD via
Mono. Often we get the following crashes:

* Assertion at wait.c:230, condition `thr_ret == 0' not met

Stacktrace:

  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.Thread.Thread_internal
(System.Threading.Thread,System.MulticastDelegate) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Threading.Thread.Start () <0x001a7>
  at test.MainClass.Main (string[]) <0x00199>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object
(object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Code to reproduce:

http://pastebin.com/ie7ZcXkT

Mono Version:

Mono JIT compiler version 3.4.0 (tarball Thu Jun 12 20:16:37 CEST 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        SIGSEGV:       altstack
        Notification:  kqueue