Please remove audio/libmusicbrainz dependency from audio/muine

Romain Tartière romain at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 8 09:56:03 UTC 2012

Hello

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 02:42:53PM -0500, Jason E. Hale wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am the maintainer of audio/libmusicbrainz and I am looking to remove this
> port in the near future.  Libmusicbrainz 2.x is deprecated and the RDF
> webservice no longer functions.
>
> You currently maintain audio/muine which has a non-optional dependency on
> audio/libmusicbrainz.  This port has been marked BROKEN for 4 months and
> hasn't had an update in over 2 years so I doubt there will be an upstream fix.
> I would appreciate it if you could do one of the following:
> - patch the port to use audio/libmusicbrainz4 instead
> - patch the port to remove the audio/libmusicbrainz dependency
> - put the port up for removal

Upstream project has been almost dead for years, I removed the (broken)port:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=834456+0+current/cvs-ports
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=836690+0+current/cvs-ports

Thanks!
Romain

--
Romain Tartière <romain at FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)