[QUESITON] NEW TO OPEN SOURCE

Ton Yeung tonyeung85 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 21:53:57 UTC 2011

*What steps will reproduce the problem?*
1.Never touch Linux or BSD before
2.Trying to learn Linux or BSD
*What is the expected output? What do you see instead?*
Enlightenment. Confusion.
*What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?*
None right now. Windows 7 Ultimate/ Windows Server 2008
*Please provide any additional information below.*
 A consultant friend of mine recommended FreeBSD as the server OS for
my project considering its free and and well supported. My project
uses MVC3 and MongoDB as the business and data layers. I was hoping I
could find information on how well the current release of mono is
supported since its only the 2.10 release that supported mvc3 and
razor.

Sorry if I seem like a smart ass, I was hoping my responses would come
across as humorous. In all seriousness, I'm really unsure of how I'm
supposed to contact you. I'm thinking it might be
freebsd-mono at freebsd.org, but I figured this would be the most sure
fire way to get a response. Please let me know if I should use that
email address for questions instead. I have googled my question but
could not find an the answer. Since I'm new to FreeBSD and the open
source  community, I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions or
asking in the right places. ANY help at all would be much appreciated.