Issue 13 in bsd-sharp: Portshaker needs to ignore .git and .svn directories under /usr/ports

bsd-sharp at googlecode.com bsd-sharp at googlecode.com
Sun Feb 14 10:16:49 UTC 2010

Comment #3 on issue 13 by romain.tartiere: Portshaker needs to ignore .git
and .svn directories under /usr/ports
http://code.google.com/p/bsd-sharp/issues/detail?id=13

The sample configuration is provided for the most general case: merge BSD#
Ports at the usual location in the ports tree.

So yes, merging anywhere else is fine, but it is more straightforward to
either edit portshaker.subr.in and tweak the various RSYNC* variables at
the beginning of the code (they can even be
changed to be caught in the user env(8) if you decide to use this way), or
nor use the portshaker(8) wrapping script but directly call e.g.
/usr/local/etc/portshaker.d/bsd_sharp merge_to -t /usr/ports/
portshaker(8) provides a convenient interface to call the various scripts
in order, using the "clone_to" command for the first one and
then "merge_to".

I would recommand the second approch: it's quite straightforward I guess,
and reseting the ports tree in portshaker is only needed when portshaker
have to merge ports which are updated in
multiple source trees (e.g. evince-2.28.2_1 (ports) -> evince-2.28.2_2
(freebsd_texlive_ports) -> evince-2.29.5 (mc_ports) -> evince-2.29.5_1
(freebsd_texlive_ports_marcuscom) in my setup).