Issue 13 in bsd-sharp: Portshaker needs to ignore .git and .svn directories under /usr/ports

bsd-sharp at googlecode.com bsd-sharp at googlecode.com
Sat Feb 13 05:04:28 UTC 2010

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 13 by ck... at colemankane.org: Portshaker needs to ignore .git
and .svn directories under /usr/ports
http://code.google.com/p/bsd-sharp/issues/detail?id=13

I maintain my ports tree using git, so that I can maintain numerous
alternative ports trees, merge them, and switch between them easily.
Portshaker just erased it all (yeah, it probably says something to that
effect in the documentation).

So, this makes portshaker unusable in my setup (and the setup of the people
I learned this technique from) where I also track marcuscom ports (the
FreeBSD/Gnome project) and others, including my own xorg-devel branch.

No I don't have a patch. I'm too lazy.