[patch] fix lang/mono-basic to obey PREFIX

John Hein jhein at timing.com
Wed Jun 24 04:25:08 UTC 2009

Romain Tartière wrote at 21:33 +0200 on Jun 23, 2009:
 > I can't tell why I changed GNU_CONFIGURE to HAS_CONFIGURE at r233, and I
 > think it's a typo.  I reverted HAS_CONFIGURE to GNU_CONFIGURE in the
 > BSD# repository.
 >
 > Is this Ok for you?

Well, the configure script for mono-basic is not really
a "gnu" configure script.  bsd.port.mk tries to add certain
args if GNU_CONFIGURE=yes.

It tries to use configure --help to see what args it should
add.  The configure script that is part of the mono-basic
distribution doesn't support --help and will whin like so:

Unknown argument --help

... and then actually continue on with the configure script.

You don't see this output since bsd.port.mk does
'configure --help 2>&1 | grep ...'
bsd.port.mk will try that a few times.

What you do see is this if you try to build
mono-basic with GNU_CONFIGURE=yes:

Unknown argument --build=i386-portbld-freebsd7.2

So using GNU_CONFIGURE won't break anything
and will work get the port to obey PREFIX, but
it doesn't seem quite right.
I think HAS_CONFIGURE=yes & CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--prefix=${PREFIX}
seems better.