Failed to compile mono-2.4.2.1 on FreeBSD 6.2 Release

Romain Tartière romain at blogreen.org
Sun Jul 19 10:04:44 UTC 2009

Hi Jared!

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 12:33:23AM -0700, Jared Updike wrote:
> I just tarred (bzip2) the folder /usr/ports/lang/mono (all the source
> and partly compiled binaries, etc.) and it is 50MB. Is this what you
> mean by wrksrc?
Yep!

> I posted it on Dropbox:
> http://files.getdropbox.com/u/143480/mono-wrk-src.tar.bz2
Thanks!

In a private mail you send to me a few minutes before / after this one,
you say you tested in a VM.  This may be a hint!  Jails are known to
have a default configuration too restrictive for compiling / running
mono.  We added a line about it in the pkg-message file recently:
> * If you are in a jailed environment, ensure System V IPC are enabled.
>   You can rely on the security.jail.sysvipc_allowed  sysctl to check
>   this status.  The following enables this feature on the host system:
>     # echo "jail_sysvipc_allow=\"YES\"" >> /etc/rc.conf

What VM are you using? Do you know some way a shell script may detect if
the underlying OS is running on such a VM?  It would be good to be sure
that this VM is not suitable for installing / using mono are find out
any configuration option that might do the trick.

Romain
--
Romain Tartière <romain at blogreen.org>        http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8DAB A124 0DA4 7024 F82A  E748 D8E9 A33F FF56 FF43 (ID: 0xFF56FF43)