ThinkPad support

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Sep 17 10:09:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:38:35 +0100, isdtor wrote:

[.. I can't comment on your devd issue/s ..]

 > Sep 16 21:48:23 host kernel: pci0: failed to set ACPI power state D2 on
 > \_SB_.PCI0.EXP1: AE_BAD_PARAMETER

This appears to be common to all Thinkpads for the last 6 years or so,
when booting with verbose messages. This message is emitted late on the
suspend path, and seems to indicate some device that has advertised D2
as an available state, where D2 isn't apparently really supported.

On the resume path, not much later in the messages sequence, you should
see power being set back to D0 state, successfully.  Perhaps - as in the
case of my X200 - twice in a row, for devices \_SB_.PCI0.EXP0 thru .EXP3

I don't know if this failure means that the device was left in D0 state
(run) or in D3 state (off) when power was removed in S3 suspend state.

I never have been able to connect the dots between these .EXPn devices
and particular PCI devices in dmesg.  So far they appear to be harmless.

cheers, Ian