Story of a laptop user

Maciej Suszko maciej at suszko.eu
Wed Feb 5 20:19:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

Mine is Lenovo L530... Onboard LAN works, original WiFi adapter
(Centrino Wireless-N 2200) unfortunately not. Because of BIOS whitelist
I had to rebrand some Atheros based card, change a bit ath related
source code and now it's quite OK.

Brightness control keys don't work (Fn+F8/F9) but using acpi_call
kernel module brightness can be somehow adjusted:

acpi_call -p '\VBRC' -i [0-15]

Microphone mute key doesn't work - maybe it can be mapped - I haven't
checked. Mute key almost work - I run Gnome and volume control show
speaker muted but neither volume nor pcm in mixer change its value
(probably can be fixed somehow).

Find the linked pciconf, devinfo and acpidump dumps:
http://archeo.suszko.eu/L530-acpidump.gz
http://archeo.suszko.eu/L530-devinfo.gz
http://archeo.suszko.eu/L530-pciconf.gz
--