FreeBSD release Acer Aspire 5735Z

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Oct 30 15:24:48 UTC 2011

El día Sunday, October 30, 2011 a las 03:13:42PM +0100, Uffe Jakobsen escribió:

> hangs forever (have waited an hour).
> This will go on until you remove the HDD then you can go into the BIOS
> and degrade from SATA AHCI to plain IDE emu - then everything will work
> and you can put the HDD back in.
>
> It is as if the BIOS expects something to be present on the disk.
> It could be the disk recovery partition - I think that Acer calls it
> something like D2D but even when disabling this option in the BIOS it
> still hangs with SATA AHCI enabled.

Just for the records. I have an one year old Acer Aspire One D250,
running 9-CURRENT and never have had this HDD trouble. I just went to
the BIOS now (I think it was for very first time) and see:

D2D: enabled
SATA mode: AHCI

It boots FreeBSD normal from USB key or HDD.

The biggest problem was to get the Wifi card working with NDIS, because
the box came with Win7 pre-installed (which I wiped out before the 1st
boot) and I needed the bcmwl5 driver for NDIS.

Don't know if 10-CURRENT now has support for the Broadcom BCM4310 USB
Controller...

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211