[wireless] Request for help - iperf TCP tests and out of order packets

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sun May 1 09:39:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm just trying to trace down some out of order TCP packet issues that
I'm seeing with my ath wireless development.

I'm currently lacking non-atheros hardware (I know, it's quite silly
:-) so I'm after testing from both ath and other wifi device users.

What I'd like done is this:

On the FreeBSD station:

* clear the statistics

  # netstat -sp tcp -z

* run iperf in the background

  # iperf -s &

On some device connected via ethernet:

  $ iperf -c <freebsd station ip> -t 120

* then on the station

# netstat -sp tcp | grep order

If you can then repeat the same tests with the freebsd station instead
connected directly via ethernet (via a switch is fine), that'd be
great.

Then please email me (privately) the results, so we don't spam up the
lists. I'll post a summary.

Thanks,

Adrian